Here are the answers to all the questions you might have:
• What time should we arrive?
Please arrive to setup around 8:30-10:00 AM. Door open for hackers at 10:30.
• Where do we park?
Please refer the map on the main page. Either parking zone (yellow or blue zones) are available to park in.
• What should we bring?
• Tablecloth to fit your 8' x 30" x 30" high table
• Power strips for anything you need plugged in
• Extension cords if you have them
• Anything you would like to distribute to the hackers
• Signage for your company
• Any cool technology you want to show off on your table
In order to get the most out of the hackathon, think about the following points:
• The participants tend to be shy, and not very outgoing. Especially toward big scary sponsors and adults. Make sure to engage them!
• Flag them down and ask what they're working on this weekend
• Ask if they need any help
• Tell them about your company and the opportunities you can provide
• After the opening ceremonies, be visible to the hackers. Float around the different rooms instead of staying by your table
• If you need to leave at anytime, and want to keep your stuff at the event, let us know and we can keep an eye on it until you get back
• You can stay as long as you want - the longer you stay the more you will get out of the hackathon!
• If you are heading out and have more swag to give out, you can leave it with us still to give it to the hackers
If you would like to give a talk or workshop about your company, or a cool technology you use at your company, we can arrange that! Email Julie Aichinger at firstname.lastname@example.org